Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Duke, John Wayne



Who hasn't sat down in front of a television on a Saturday, and watched the screen come alive with horses, and cowboys, and indian. I have to say my favorite is John Wayne.  "The Cowboys" movie brought me to tears, had me cheering, but mostly just having an enjoyable afternoon. So of course I had to try my hand at this Great Figure of a Man that kept me, and many of us glued to the house on a Saturday afternoon.

Its pretty intimidating to work on someone's picture that the whole world knows in just a glance. Much less to actually study the picture. But nothing ventured nothing gained.  Here are a couple of  pictures of my version of John Wayne. :)




Picture I looked at and  the picture that is over halfway finished.


A little more shading and stain. Then  next will be the sealing:)
And as John Wayne said as Hondo Lane (Hondo):
"Yup. The end of a way of life. Too bad. It's a good way. Wagons forward! Yo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment