Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Welcome to Sharron's World

Welcome to my world where everything might not be perfect, but at least I don't have to wait for the commercials to be over to continue on with my stories.

Born and raised in Texas the baby of  the family and the one most likely to be found with her nose pressed against a window trying to figure out where I belonged in the scheme of things. My mother had the natural talents of painting, and drawing. I am not sure if she passed that down to me or just I worried her to death asking so many questions and watching her that some of it has just sunk in..

Over the years I have dabbled in pretty much anything that caught my imagination. From drawing zillions of lips and eyes as a child. To painting ole cotton wagon into a ride on roses with the fairy lights.

Painting for years was my forte until someone emailed me this picture of a tiny baby supposedly made out of almond paste. This opened a whole new world for me and such detail I had never seen before. So I ventured out into the world of Sculpting, sculpting each little ear, and finger tip out with a needle or my fingers. Like everything else time passes and the eyes and the hands aren’t as steady as I would like them to be.

So I moved on into another world of.. Gourds.. A passion that was as labor intensive as it was joyful. I learned thru trial and error the joys of  scrubbing until I thought my back would break , to carving and painting them making them into bowls, statues , lamps, tables and yes purses.


Gourd Lamp




Gourd Table


Gourd Purse


My latest venture of Woodburning came about in an unexpected way. I made a huge picture out of matchsticks of a mother owl and her chick on a limb.. The smell of  sulfer permeated the whole neighborhood resulted in the my son suggesting that maybe using a soldering iron on the matches might would be less stressful on the whole family. Thus my first soldering iron! Oh a new world that I met with a grin on my face and a determination to whip it into my will.  Many, many, lets say many, burns later. I think I have finally got it to the point it will not burn me if I don’t try to get it in a choke hold ,while its trying to work with me.

Woodburning of a deer


Everyday is a wonder and its left up to us to open the doors and see the new worlds that are there only waiting for us to discover them.Walk with me as I try to explain some of the short cuts, and long roads I have taken in them, and the new Worlds I hope to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment